Advertisement

25 July 2012

長さそうめん NAGASHI SOUMEN

Nagashi soumen!!!

Soumen is the Japanese Special Noodle which usually serve in cold with other ingredient such as green vegetables, tsuyu (fish sauce), and chilli during summer. See here.  The difference from other noodles is on how it is serve....mmmmm.....guess how? hehe


I had a chance experiencing Nagashi soumen 2 days before Ramadhan with my laboratory members.  We had it in our concrete laboratory during lunch hour.   Credit to the lab members who made an effort in planning this events, preparing the ingredients and the most important, 'hunting' and preparing the bamboo (this the main material tau). And me?????Just waiting with the chopstick beside the bambooo....haha...lazy huh...
                                                                         
Soumen flows (by water) in the bamboo from the top to the end and all of us waiting beside the bamboo to catch the flowing soumen. Interesting kan?  So, there should be a person who 'release' the soumen at the starting point, and 'persons' waiting to catch the soumen...cer teka, which person I am...hehehehe.  Hungry ma.....

We take turn of coz....

Then, the soumen was dipped in the tsuyu together with other ingredient depends on individual (as for me, I did not add chilli in my dish).




It is simple, delicious and happening ( I mean my first experience eating noodles from the bamboo sticks).  Can it be adopted to Malaysia tak? Method nye la....bamboo ada, noodles ada (pakai mee kuning...hahaha), vegetables ada....mmmm...why not?  Just need a person who willing go into the jungle to find the bamboo coz our jungle is not the same as Japan forest.  Ngeeeee....

Ok, until we meet again, babai.

No comments: